Slide ImageSlide ImageSlide ImageSlide Image

logo

             

The venue for the 2015 Calendar Awards

Stationers’ Hall

  The Stationers' Company originated in 1403 when the scribes and illuminators of manuscripts petitioned to be allowed to join into a single Company

they traded from permanent [stationary] stalls around St Paul's Cathedral, at a time when many vendors were itinerant 

The Company Charter of incorporation  was granted by Mary Tudor in 1557

The Company was granted Livery in 1560

The hall on the site of Abergavenny House which The Company purchased in 1606, was burnt down in The Great Fire and rebuilt in 1673

It was damaged in October 1940, but miraculously the hall and stained glass windows survived

The great North stained glass window depicts William Caxton with Edward IV and his Queen was presented in 1894

 

The Worshipful Company of Stationers' and Newspaper Makers

Ave Maria Lane, London EC4M 7DD